Apache Maven is project management tool offering many features such : build, test, installation, documentation, …
Maven is based on the some concepts :
– POM : file containing the information needed to manage the project life cycle (dependencies, plugins, properties, …)
– Archetype : template that facilitates the generation of the skeleton project (java app, web app, …)
– Artefact : file produced from a project build (jar, war, ear, …)
– Dependency : a reference to an artifact (usually a jar)
– Repositories(local or remote) : used to store build artifacts and dependencies.
- Maven Hello World Example : install and configure Maven and create our first project using Maven command.